It's taken forty-one years, but I have finally found my dream job! As of August 27, 2008 I will be working at an estate vineyard on the North Fork of Long Island. This blog will journal my adventures, from seed to vine to wine and back again. Pull up a stool and I'll pour you a story.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

One for Janan!

"I've fallen, and I can't get up!"

Yesterday I got to the vineyard at 9AM, having stopped on the way in at a local pastry shop to pick up our order of baguettes for the wedding rehearsal dinner that the vineyard owners were hosting for a friend.

Worked breakfast from 9 until 10, then worked the tasting room from 10 until 6, then went up to the main house and worked the rehearsal dinner until 10:30PM. At which point I started my hour-long drive home.

And now, here it is, nearly 8AM again, and I'm going back in for a full day on my feet. My feet are lodging complaints already, and I haven't even put my shoes on. As today is Saturday, AND a holiday weekend, I have a feeling it's going to be a madhouse at the tasting room today.

Give me strength.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

I'm still taking a bet on the other job. Maybe not so romantic but more practical.

Which side of your personality will win?

October 11, 2008 at 5:42 AM  
Blogger Vina said...

Good question, Elaine - stay tuned and we'll both find out together!

- V

October 11, 2008 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Janan said...

Vina,
Thank you for the dedication. I do appreciate the Arts, especially when it comes natural.
Janan

October 20, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home