It's taken forty-one years, but I have finally found my dream job! As of August 27, 2008 I will be working at an estate vineyard on the North Fork of Long Island. This blog will journal my adventures, from seed to vine to wine and back again. Pull up a stool and I'll pour you a story.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Two Week Review

In honor of passing my two week review yesterday with extremely humble and self-effacing flying colors (and thus moving from lowly hourly pay to a pretty exciting starting salary), I have invited a few of my old friends over to celebrate.


"But this is mahvelous!
Quick, dahling - call Carey!
I don't vant to celebrate alone!"


"Well, this is just grand. Let's call Jimmy
and see what he has to say about it!"


"Why... why, C.K. Dexter Haven, I told you
she could do it! See here, I even brought
some champagne to toast the event!"


"And you wanna know why I brought champagne?
Well, I'll tell you, C.K. Dexter Haven!"


"Because champagne is a great levelererer."


"We'd have to agree... NYUK NYUK NYUK!"


"Well, I musht shay, your shuckshesh leavesh
me shaken, not shtirred."


"Golly gee damn! You did it!
Cat and I wish you all the best."


"We're so proud of you! We'd be happy to
send over some of our home-made
elderberry wine!"


"Here's looking at your new career, kid."


3 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Well done! And I love the pics - they brought back memories and also illustrated the article well.

September 11, 2008 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Scarlett said...

It would have taken me a month to storyboard that out. Wonderful!

And GREAT on your review. Awesome~!

September 11, 2008 at 5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, cute! Congratulations.

September 14, 2008 at 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home